In India NGO can be registered as society, trust or Section 8 company. All the above structures are formed for carrying on non profit activities to promote social welfare education and to provide medical relief to the society
Information Required for Society Registration :
- Minimum 7 Members are Required
- There should be person whom members should Designate 1. President 2. Manager 3. Secretary 4. Treasurer
- Objects of Society : Like Promotion of Education, Child Development, Water Management, Housing Society Etc.
- Name of Society
- Initial and Annual Membership Subscription Amount from Members.
- If Society has scope of work for all over the state of Rajasthan than 4 Members from the different District are Required
- Category of Members (General, OBC, SC etc)
Documents Required for Registration :
- Aadhar Card of all the Members of Society( Aadhar Card is required and Aadhar must be linked for Mobile OTP )
- Photo of all the Designated Person i.e. President, Manager, Secretary, Treasurer
- Electricity Bill of Office Address of Society
- Signed by Laws from Designated Persons
- Authorization letter to Authorised person : who is handling the society Registration work : Company Secretary or Advocate.
Update : Aadhar of Minimum 7 Members are required for Online Processing of Application, Please note that aadhar must be Mobile OTP enabled.
Time Required for Registration: 8-12 Working Days
Government Fee for Registration :
- Normal Society i.e. Education : Rs. 10016/-
- Water Management : Rs. 500/-
- Cow Help : Rs. 100/-
Professional Fee varies from Rs. 5000-8000
Activities to be carried on by trust is governed by trust deed, that is what is mention under the trust deed are the activities that a trust can carry on
Following charitable activities can be carried on generally by trust :-
- Promotion of education
- Promotion of health
- Promotion of sporting activities
- Promotion for betterment of society
- To Increase self employment by skill development
- To provide medical relief to organise medical camps and to arrange medicines for poor
- To promote cleanliness, to preserve environment and plantation of trees etc
Step by Step procedure for Registration of Trust
- Declaration of trust: any person can declare trust with some property for the purpose of promotion of its objects. The person who declared trust is called settler
- Name of Trust: name the trust should end with the word “trust” I.e. you may have a name like “Shri shyam Charitable Trust”
- Address of the trust the address of the trust will decide its jurisdiction for registration and applications for under income Tax Act.
- Trustee: the settlor will declare the name of the trustees who sell accept all the terms mention in the trusted and act as a trustee to the trust.
- Board of Trustees: the trustees will be known as board of trustees and will be e designated has President, vice president secretary and treasurer
- Terms and conditions regarding managing of Trust funds
- Powers of the trustees
- Duration of trust etc..
- Once the above mentioned things are settled we have to draft the trust deed and get it signed from the settlor and trustees of the trust.
- The trust deed should be on non judicial stamp paper of rupees 500
- The trust deed should also be notarized.
- Application for registration of Trust deed to devsthan vibhag:
The Charitable Trust are registered under Rajasthan public trust act under the jurisdiction of devasthan vibhag, for registration with devsthan vibhag an application is required to be submitted along with trust deed and ID and address proof of trustees and settlor
Documents Required for Registration of Trust in Rajasthan
- Aadhar Card and Pan Card Copy of Settler
- Aadhar Card and Pan Card Copy of Trustees
- Electricity Bill of Office of Trust
- Rent Agreement of office of Trust in any
- Photo of Settler
- Photo of Trustees
Section 8 Company is a Company Incorporated for the promotion of Commerce, Art, Science, Sports, Education, research, social welfare, religion, charity, protection of environment and intends to apply its profits if any in promoting its objects , not for-profit (NGO) under the Provisions of Section 8 Companies Act, 2013.
Section 8 Company
The Company under section 8 is registered without the word Limited/Private Limited at end of its name, and the words Foundation, Association, Institution, Chamber, Federation are added in the name of Section 8 company.
Presently section 8 company is a most accepted form of NGO due to transparency and governance structure available to the company with the compliance of provisions of Companies Act, 2013.
Activities of Generally carried out through Section 8 Company :
- Educational Institute
- Hospital and Research Center
- Sports Academy
- Charity Purpose
- Environment Awareness
- Legal Awareness
- Chamber, etc
Requirements for Incorporation of Section 8 company :
- Required Minimum two Directors
- Required Minimum two Shareholders/Members
- PAN, Aadhar Card and Latest Bank Statement Copy of All the Directors and Members
- Work Proposed to be done, Grounds on which work will be done
- Proposed Income and Expenditure Account for three years ( Expected receipts and payments )
- Electricity Bill, Rent Agreement / NOC for Registered Office Address of the Company
Procedure for Incorporation of Section 8 Company:
- Application for Obtaining Digital Signature of proposed Directors
- Application of Obtaining Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Name Approval Application to Registrar of Companies
- Application for obtaining Licence for Section 8 Company
- Application to Registrar of Companies for Incorporation of Section 8 Company
Documents Required for Opening Bank Account of Section 8 Company:
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by ROC
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of company
- PAN of Company
- Board Resolution for Opening of Bank Account and Authorising One of the Directors or any other person to act as Authorised Signatory