With the introduction of the incorporation form spice + the ministry has made mandatory to get ESIC and EPF registration along with the bank account of the company in this purpose the stakeholders has got confused about the filing of the returns and EPF and ESIC as all these companies incorporated have laser numbers of employees then that are prescribed under these respective acts and not required to comply with respective regulations.
In this regard ministry has come out with the clarification that the return filing for these companies are not mandatory unless they cross the threshold prescribed under the respective acts
As per MCA website update
New companies incorporated through SPICe+ and thereby have obtained EPFO/ESI numbers will have to file statutory returns only when they cross thresholds prescribed under the relevant Acts.
ESIC stands for ‘Employees State Insurance Corporation’. The scheme provides monetary and medical benefits to Employees in a case of sickness, maternity, and employment injury and to make provisions for related matters. ESIC registration is a statutory responsibility of the employers of factory or any establishment under the Act.
Who Are Required To Obtain ESIC Registration?
Any factory or business establishment having 10 or more than 10 employees, irrespective of salary, have to register with ESIC. ESI contributions must be made for all employees having a salary of less than Rs.15,000 per month. (increased to Rs. 21000 recent Amendment) Following industries are required to obtain coverage under ESIC:
- Factories employing 10 or more persons irrespective of whether power is used in the process of manufacturing or not.
- Shops, hotels, restaurants, cinemas including preview theater, road motor transport undertakings and newspaper establishment employing 10/20 or more persons.
- Private Medical and Educational Institutions employing 10/20 or more persons in certain States.
Documents Required For ESIC Registration
- Registration Certificate or License issued under Shops and Establishment Act or Factories Act, if available.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association or Partnership Deed or Trust Deed, depending upon the constitution of the ownership of the establishment.
- Certificate of commencement of production and/or Registration No. of CST/ST, if available.
- List of Partners or Directors
- PAN Card and Address Proof of the Factory/Firm/Establishment
- Evidence in support of the date of commencement of production /business
- Copy of bank statement/ Cancelled cheque.
Any Factory or Establishment required to obtain ESIC Registration or establishments which are voluntary obtaining ESIC registration can obtain ESIC registration online with the help of Fastlegal Team Members by Placing a Request here