RTI (right to Information ) application can be filed online in India through web portal https://rtionline.gov.in/ to most of Departments:
Here is the step by step Procedure for Filing RTI application in India Online:
- Create Account at www.rtionline.gov.in by Filing On Screen Information.
- Login your Account
- Select Ministry/Department/Apex body
- Select Public Authority
- Personal Details of RTI Applicant :
- Phone No.
- email id
- Educational status
- Citizens (RTI Applcation can Only be filed by Indian Citizens )
- Is the Applicant Below Poverty Line ? yes, no
- Text for RTI Request application : Write details of Information Sought up to 3000 words . e.g. Please Provide Details Regarding Amount Spent on Advertisement including Print Media, Electronic Media or through any Other way on Swach Bharat Abhiyan .
- Make Payment of Rs. 10
- Submit Application
You will receive confirmation email regarding submission of RTI application.
You can always view status of your application Online.